We have come up with a number club outings for the year.
All these fixtures are eligible for the clubs "Outings" Print/PDI competitions in January 2016. No doubt reminders of these events will be made during club nights leading upto the event.
1. 28th January 2017, Chinese New Year Weekend (Year of The Rooster).
2. Sunday 2nd April, Hannah Peschar Sculptural Gardens, East Grinstead.
3. Monday 3rd July, Outdoor Meeting, Southbank, London
4. September 17th. Coastal Visit to Deal . Kent.
5. Any Open House event September 2017 also qualifies for the Outing competition the following January. http://www.openhouselondon.org.uk/
6. Sat 2nd and 3rd Dec Christmas Market at Rochester (Dickens Weekend)
7. Kent Wildlife Trust Sevenoaks. Visit throughout the year, qualifies for the Outing Competition the following January. http://www.kentwildlifetrust.org.uk/reserves/sevenoaks-wildlife-reserve-and-jeffery-harrison-visitor-centre
Other events will be announced in the New Year.
Club Outing Evening on The South Bank 3rd July 2017 London Bridge to Southwark Bridge, Finishing off at 'The Anchor P.H.' Bankside.
Good attendance on yet another blessed warm evening, Looking forward to next outings competition next January.
Club BBQ at Dartfordians RFC 26th June 2017 Warm Barmy evening plenty to eat and drink.
Clubs visit to Paradise Wild Life Park on October 20th 2016
Not sure who the big member at the middle back is?
An Exhibition of Photography by our own Stan Spurling
Hall Place Stables Gallery, Bexley
7th Jan to 4th February 2017
A few words by Stan
"I have travelled extensively over the past 20 years and the exhibition represents some of the countries I have seen"
There is an emphasis of Burma (Myanmar) which I have visited 7 times in the last eight years.
I am President of the Royal Burma Society and the exhibition is in aid of the charity "The Royal Burma Trust" which supports schools in Bagan, Burma.
5th December 2016
BHPS Christmas Diner at The Toby, Crook Log
28th November 2016
BHPS End of Year Presentation Night
Congratulations Bill Metson 'Photographer of the Year' (again)
8th November 2016
Congratulations for BHPS 'Victory in Meinertzhagen Cup'
8th October 2016
BHPS 90th Anniv. Evening
A very good turn out and a jolly good time had by all, Special thanks for Richard for the live music, Val and Janet for organising everything.
11th April 2016 Practical Evening
A splendid array of subjects to photograph from still life to two wonderful models. For many it would have been a first photographing models.
Special thanks go to Colin and Sue North along with Mick Sadler who were on hand to offer advice on how best to photograph the models and for supplying the studio lighting. Thanks also go to Janet Kent who supplied the still life objects and backdrops.